out like a fat kid in dodgeball

the life and times of e. li-wei chu

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

end of an era ;)

Let out that stifled laugh.
Shed a tear.
Put on those blue suede shoes...

It's time to move on. As my time at Northwestern winds to a close, I can't help but wonder about what all could and could not have been. I wonder about that Direct Marketing class I never went to...about what would have happened if I hadn't blown off Private Dancer after GGN freshman year...about what life here would have been like without the Nguyens to guide me through the crazy, hazy days. :)

And the most important what if - THE if of him. Four years of dreaming and side-glances of affection comes to a close this week. It's been fun, it's been hard, but most of all, it's been one of the most important things to me here at Northwestern. Isn't it funny that someone who will probably forget me in four years will forever be engrained in my mind and in my heart? I mean, how can I think of college and NOT think of "_ cubed"? Haha. I made a funny.

I know what you're thinking. This is pathetic. I should just tell him or let it go. Believe me, I've thought about it. There have been so many times I've thought about going Say Anything-style out with the confessions of love and admiration...to tell him how moved I am by his work, by his thoughts, by his adorable ass (haha - ANOTHER funny!). But, practicality always got in the way of romantic fervor.

One simple fact remains: this is a one-sided affair. I love a boy, he don't love me, and there's no hope that he ever will. Hell, he has a hard enough time treating me like a friend, let alone anything else. And I know now I deserve more. So, the time has come to let it all go. It's time to pine for someone "better"...or at least someone who isn't in love with someone else.

Regardless of what never happened, I have appreciated every moment of my unrequited crush. He showed me what I want out of love and life, and for that, I am thankful. So don't worry, folks/Janine. I'm not a sellout on the 5-year-plan club. I'm just taking the next 5 to figure out me and hopefully find someone that wants in on the process. Or maybe just someone who's not scared of my Pops.

happy, healthy, and ready for bed,

Li-Wei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home